In May Dr. Fawcett, a recognized expert in methamphetamine in the gay community, presented a standing-room only workshop called “Meth, Men, and HIV: What Social Workers Need to Know” at Boston College’s 27th Annual Conference on Social Work and AIDS in New Orleans. This presentation provided advanced clinical training for mental health professionals who specialize […]
About David Fawcett
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud David Fawcett contributed a whooping 56 entries.
Entries by David Fawcett
Presentation from the NASW Florida Conference, Orlando, June 2015 Download NASW 2015 HIV
Click to download a pdf copy of METH, MEN, AND HIV: WHAT SOCIAL WORKERS NEED TO KNOW: Meth Men HIV
November 7, 2014 LGBT addictons (1)
Please find a PDF version of the presentation here: A Deeper Look at Overcoming Stigma and Shame nasw 2014 Thanks, David firstname.lastname@example.org
You can get a pdf of the presentation here: A Deeper Look at Overcoming Stigma and Shame
Here is a pdf of the presentation: Clinical Implications of DSM 5 for LGBT Care
Download the presentation here: Download NASW HIV Stigma 2013
From the Blog
- Fawcett Chairs SunServe Conference on HIV/AIDS and SeniorsApril 10, 2017 - 8:20 pm
Individuals over the age of 50 represent half of all people living with HIV and they face challenges from both aging and HIV. On Friday, March 31st Dr. Fawcett attended and presented at the 2017 HIV/AIDS Seniors Conference sponsored by SunServe and AIDS United. Serving as conference chair, he assembled a panel of nationally known […]
- “Lust, Men, Meth” event is standing-room only in SeattleFebruary 18, 2016 - 10:49 am
On February 9, Dr. David Fawcett presented a reading and discussion on reclaiming sex and intimacy after methamphetamine based on his book “Lust, Men, and Meth: A Gay Man’s Guide to Sex and Recovery” in Seattle. The event was a held in collaboration with Gay City and was moderated by local Seattle therapist Peter Jabin, […]
News & Events
- Learn more about David Fawcett's upcoming appearances:
- Learn more about Dr. Fawcett’s upcoming workshops and presentations.
- February 23, 2015 - David Fawcett and Kris Drumm begin an ongoing therapy group. Participation is limited - a 12 week commitment is required. Group meets Tuesday evenings 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm. For more information contact email@example.com.